Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A Night With Friends

Last night we had the missionaries over for dinner, invited our friends Tiffany and Austin Lanter to come eat with us, and ate hawaiian haystacks. Christian and I like feeding the missionaries and getting to meet them as they come through the ward. They shared a 20 minute video with us afterwards about missionary work that I hadn't seen before. It was a great video and we have some really neat missionaries.

After the missionaries left, Tiffany, Austin, Christian and I got into our regular routine of playing Settlers of Catan. We are such nerds when it comes to this game. I won the first game and Austin BARELY won the second game. Only because I traded you that ore right before your turn...dang. Oh well, one cant get greedy about winning...can they?

Christian left this morning to go to work in Yuma and he won't be back until Saturday. Just like last time it was, "Yeah! oh wait, you're going to be gone how long? Oh...okay". The perdiam and overtime are extremely nice but that means I'm gonna miss him for 4 days. What's funny is I made a chiropractors appointment tonight to have my neck and back adjusted so Christian could be home to watch the kids, and I'm gonna end up taking them with me to my appointment anyways. They do have a play area there for the kids but Dane never wants to be in there. He has to follow me around the office and hold my hand and he goes and gets more lollipops from the front desk girl any chance he gets.

And as a last note...have you guys seen this commercial? After seeing this Superbowl commercial I realized that I really am just that much immature still. Why are toot's so funny? I'm a grown woman right? (Although Christian's are definantly not the ones to laugh at) Someday I will overcome the urge to snicker at even the littlest trumpet. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wc8mHUa5zFE

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah HA! You share my guilty pleasure of laughing at toots too! If you really want to feel guilty, there's another good bud commercial called "The swear jar"