Wednesday, May 26, 2010

How does your garden grow?

I finally planted a flower garden at my house...YAY!!! It only took me 2 1/2 years to do it. We had our ward's enrichment activity this month on gardening. At the activity we all planted a whole lot of things in our egg cartons. I planted various things but I planted a lot of sunflower seeds in one of my egg cartons. I kept it on our window sill above our kitchen sink and I'll tell you...those things grow really fast! All of a sudden I needed a place to plant them outside and I hadn't prepped anything outside. So the last two days I've been digging, and digging, and shoveling, and mixing dirt in the back yard by the wall so I could finally plant those little flowers. I bought a nice cheap border to go around the whole thing, I bought 10 packets of various flower seeds, and a few potted flowers that were being clearanced at Walmart. You can get some really nice flowers for $1.50 at the Walmart by our house right now.


Here's the pictures of what I've been working on the last two days. You can see the flowers that I purchased from the store but what you don't see yet are the tons of seeds that I threw out there that hopefully will start growing. I'll do some updated pictures later on. I can't wait to see how the whole thing fills in...at least hopefully it does. What I should have done was take a before and after pictures of this.

Now I just have to work in the side yard where I want the vegetable garden to be. I'll do some before and after pictures of that project. And just like Sis. Snyder quoted us at enrichment night..."The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing."






2 comments:

Sara said...

That looks really pretty! We have tomatoes, bell peppers, and onions growing in our backyard. Hopefully the heat doesn't stunt their growth!

Hadley Family Clan! said...

How exciting Emily. Your amazing and how fun that your garden has began:). Idk how you find time to do all that you do...your truly are wonder women.